Extraction dont work..

Installing and setting up FaceSwap

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Hotkeymonkey

Extraction dont work..

Post by Hotkeymonkey »

Oh man, its veen a year and still cant get it to work, i just cant fiqure it out. Computer dont have internet, and ipad connectipn back and forth is so goddam slow. Yeah, i installed it gack and forth many times, no results. Last time i did everything, and now it cannot download models.. cos no net connection. Why this software cannot do it all at same time when it installs the software? Why you do have to try to found the models separately? And when download it on github, and put it .cache directory where the only file is .keep. It doesent work still... oh man. All this hundred of ours wasted is making me start using hard drugs to get this out of my head..

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Extraction dont work..

Post by torzdf »

Downloading resources as they are needed is kinda standard for a lot of software, especially in the ML space.

Why do we do it this way? To avoid the install package being tens of gigs in size, and so I don't have to compile, test and upload a new install package on every minor update.

I do this for free, in my spare time.

I'm sorry your experience has been less than stellar. I suggest you install somewhere with an internet connection.

My word is final

Hotkeymonkey

Post by Hotkeymonkey »

Thank you for all yout work. Software is installed and working, but extraction doesent work. Like cant find models. Just aseel a go installed it again on github, all the files and folders are there but doesent start to extraction. I got cudas etc but just no. Kind out of ideas.

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

What GPU?

My word is final

Hotkeymonkey

Post by Hotkeymonkey »

Rtx 2080 on ubuntu 18.4

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

My word is final

Hotkeymonkey

Post by Hotkeymonkey »

Importerror no module named psutil

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

Then your install is not correct. :/

You can try running the update dependencies script in the faceswap folder, or you will need to reinstall.

My word is final

Hotkeymonkey

Post by Hotkeymonkey »

Damn. But no internet connection on that machine. What now.
?

Hotkeymonkey

Post by Hotkeymonkey »

Installed it on github week ago when i carried the machine on my friends home.. started i thought it would work. I not good at all in linux ubuntu, so i m big trouble whit this ..

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

Honestly? Find a machine with an internet connection. If psutil is not installed, then you will need an internet connection to install it. This is nothing to do with Faceswap, this is Python. Packages get installed by pulling them down from the Internet. There is literally nothing I can do about that.

The only install method we will directly support is through the installers (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=68 in your case). There are just too many random variables to support everyone's individual use cases.

My word is final