On first run: Can't find a usable init.tcl - probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly

Installing and setting up FaceSwap

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

GGWP

On first run: Can't find a usable init.tcl - probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly

Post by GGWP »

This error is on run with Windows 10. I'm not sure why it's looking in the BlueSuite path, or why some of the directories listed don't exist; I assume they are holdovers in the script for Linux installs. I googled for this error and I couldn't find anything, so something rare is going on.

DEBUG Initializing FaceswapGui
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\MC\faceswap\lib\cli\launcher.py", line 181, in execute_script
process = script(arguments)
File "C:\Users\MC\faceswap\scripts\gui.py", line 179, in init
self.root = FaceswapGui(arguments.debug)
File "C:\Users\MC\faceswap\scripts\gui.py", line 21, in init
super().init()
File "C:\Users\MC\MiniConda3\envs\faceswap\lib\tkinter\__init__.py", line 2270, in init
self.tk = _tkinter.create(screenName, baseName, className, interactive, wantobjects, useTk, sync, use)
_tkinter.TclError: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:
{C:\Program Files (x86)\CSR\BlueSuite 2.6.9} C:/Users/MC/MiniConda3/envs/faceswap/lib/tcl8.6 C:/Users/MC/MiniConda3/envs/lib/tcl8.6 C:/Users/MC/MiniConda3/lib/tcl8.6 C:/Users/MC/MiniConda3/envs/library C:/Users/MC/MiniConda3/library C:/Users/MC/MiniConda3/tcl8.6.9/library C:/Users/MC/tcl8.6.9/library

This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: On first run: Can't find a usable init.tcl - probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly

Post by torzdf »

This issue looks specific to your setup. In the first instance follow these instructions:
app.php/faqpage#f1r1

My word is final