Problem with new FS version, downgrade

Installing and setting up FaceSwap

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

rolnor

Problem with new FS version, downgrade

Post by rolnor »

I clearly have a problem with the new version of FS, it seems to be the alignements that now should be in the image-files and no longer needs to be supplied separatly when running training, this gives me deformed faces after 300k iterations. I have run the same training on the older version where alignements needs to be supplied separatly and it looks better after only 10k iteration. I am probably doing something wrong but I was very happy with the older version of FS. When you dont supply the alignements separatly its like working in the dark, its impossible to know whats wrong when the training goes bad. So, if I want to downgrade, how should I do? I guess delete the FS folder completely but what about miniconda?

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Problem with new FS version, downgrade

Post by bryanlyon »

Model collapses can happen anytime and are COMPLETLEY unrelated to the alignments. In fact, alignments are not ever fed into the model itself, and are only used to store masks and the like.

Downgrade is possible, but your data will almost definitely need to be re-extracted and created. To do it you'll need to use git (there are guides out there) to pull a particular commit. Another option would be to download a zip file of the commit from Github.

However, I don't think it was the version that caused your problem. It was likely either random luck or a bad setting.

rolnor

Post by rolnor »

Thanks. I can redoo extract etc. I just want to have the old FS, the new guves me consistently strange results. Can I just delete the whole FS-folder and insert the whole FS-folder with the old version from another PC?

rolnor

Post by rolnor »

I have checked carefully now and the image folder I used for the old FS version is not identical with the one I use for the new version. I have started training with the new version with the correct folder and it already looks very promising, the faces are not deformed so it was bad data.