"WARNING Couldn't install nvidia-ml-py>=11.470.66 with pip. Please install this package manually"

Installing and setting up FaceSwap

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

sergor

"WARNING Couldn't install nvidia-ml-py>=11.470.66 with pip. Please install this package manually"

Post by sergor »

Say what?

[mention]torzdf[/mention] little help here?

/sergor

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: "WARNING Couldn't install nvidia-ml-py>=11.470.66 with pip. Please install this package manually"

Post by torzdf »

Some context please. What's your OS, what's your CPU etc. etc. Just an output message like that helps me not at all.

My word is final

sergor

Re: "WARNING Couldn't install nvidia-ml-py>=11.470.66 with pip. Please install this package manually"

Post by sergor »

[mention]torzdf[/mention] Well Matt, specs are as follows:

WIN10 Home - Build 21H1
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050 Ti

The log file was overwritten so I can't show you the specifics it got me!

/sergor

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

And are you installing or running an update?

It would make my life a lot easier if in future, you provided this kind of information rather than me having to probe for it. Also no need to @ me in every message.

Ultimately, that file exists, so...
https://pypi.org/project/nvidia-ml-py/

My word is final

sergor

Post by sergor »

Updating.

You're right, being the pro I am - I should know better. I'll refrain from both - @ and sending request for information without a minimum of few leads.

My question was merely - "what's going on" - but I do thank you for taking it a lot of steps farther. I'll look into the link you have provided.

thx
/sergor

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

Ok, I suspect what is happening is that pip cannot install nvidia-ml-py during an update, due the pre-existance of nvidia-ml-py3.

In this case, you can ignore the warning. It is not important. I will look at steps to rectify in future. As long as there is a version of one of these packages on the system, you will not run into issues.

Some background: I have had to host my own version of nvidia-ml-py3 for reasons. Nvidia recently updated their own nvidia-ml-py to actually work with Python3, so I switched out the requirement so that I can stop relying on my self-hosted version. Evidently they do not appear to be able to co-exist.

Some context: https://github.com/nicolargo/nvidia-ml-py3/issues/3

My word is final