About Update

Installing and setting up FaceSwap

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

slitchaser

About Update

Post by slitchaser »

It's quite a while I did not come here.This question may look dumb but I want to know.

Is Faceswap have any update ? Last time I'm here It's V2.10.0 and now It's still the same.
When I installed Faceswap it use code from master branche in github?
When there is commit in github for fix bug or any changes It will update the program when I click check for update ?

by torzdf » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:13 pm
slitchaser wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:41 pm

Is Faceswap have any update ? Last time I'm here It's V2.10.0 and now It's still the same.

Faceswap is constantly updated. It is 'rolling release', so we don't really release final versions.. We push updates and bug fixes as and when they are implemented.

The time when I do make a release is when there is a significant change to the code that may impact some users. We 'released' version 2.0 when we removed PlaidML support for AMD users. This gives users who would be impacted by the change a version of Faceswap that will still work for them (but will no longer be developed). We then created a new 'release' (2.10) which is where we are at now.

The only change is the installer. The latest installer will always install the latest update of Faceswap from the Master branch.

Yes. See above.

When there is commit in github for fix bug or any changes It will update the program when I click check for update ?

Yes it will. This will work most of the time,, and it will just pull the latest code from github (and update the installed dependencies where possible). Sometimes the change is big, and updating from within Faceswap will break things. If this happens you would need to do a fresh install. Fortunately, that is relatively rare.

Go to full post
Last edited by slitchaser on Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: About Update

Post by torzdf »

Faceswap is constantly updated. It is 'rolling release', so we don't really release final versions.. We push updates and bug fixes as and when they are implemented.

The time when I do make a release is when there is a significant change to the code that may impact some users. We 'released' version 2.0 when we removed PlaidML support for AMD users. This gives users who would be impacted by the change a version of Faceswap that will still work for them (but will no longer be developed). We then created a new 'release' (2.10) which is where we are at now.

The only change is the installer. The latest installer will always install the latest update of Faceswap from the Master branch.

Yes. See above.

Yes it will. This will work most of the time,, and it will just pull the latest code from github (and update the installed dependencies where possible). Sometimes the change is big, and updating from within Faceswap will break things. If this happens you would need to do a fresh install. Fortunately, that is relatively rare.

My word is final