Can not get the GUI to load (does not find conda environment)

Installing and setting up FaceSwap

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

FaceTrip

Can not get the GUI to load (does not find conda environment)

Post by FaceTrip »

I've downloaded and ran the installer. I have a shortcut to the faceswap_win_launcher.bat file on my desktop. The folder that it is in only has that single .bat file, is this normal? When I try running the shortcut or the bat file itself, a small command prompt window briefly appears but then promptly disappears and nothing comes up afterwards. Running as administrator does not seem to help.

When I open a command prompt and then manually run the bat file through it, I see a line that says:

"C:\Users\username\miniconda3\scripts\activate.bat" && conda activate "facewap" && python "C:\Users\username\faceswap/faceswap.py" gui

Then next line says : "Could not find conda environment: faceswap"

Then a third line says "You can list all discoverable environments with conda info --envs .

Additionally, I wanted to uninstall and reinstall but don't see faceswap in the uninstall programs list. Is that normal? I just tried reinstalling a few more times in different folder locations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Can not get the GUI to load (does not find conda environment)

Post by torzdf »

FaceTrip wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:49 am

The folder that it is in only has that single .bat file, is this normal?

Yes. It's just a shortcut for launching a Python application.

Additionally, I wanted to uninstall and reinstall but don't see faceswap in the uninstall programs list. Is that normal? I just tried reinstalling a few more times in different folder locations.

Yes. Faceswap is not an "application" as such, that gets installed system wide. It is just placed into the folder you request (usually C:\users\<username>\faceswap). To "uninstall" it, you can just delete this folder and optionally uninstall Miniconda.

The fact that your Conda environment is not being created, but Conda is being seen is strange and not something we've seen before.

In the first instance, I'd follow these steps (do not skip any steps!) and try to reinstall:
app.php/faqpage#f1r1

If you're still having issues, post back:

My word is final

FaceTrip

Post by FaceTrip »

torzdf wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:34 am

The folder that it is in only has that single .bat file, is this normal?

Yes. It's just a shortcut for launching a Python application.

Yes. Faceswap is not an "application" as such, that gets installed system wide. It is just placed into the folder you request (usually C:\users\<username>\faceswap). To "uninstall" it, you can just delete this folder and optionally uninstall Miniconda.

The fact that your Conda environment is not being created, but Conda is being seen is strange and not something we've seen before.

In the first instance, I'd follow these steps (do not skip any steps!) and try to reinstall:
app.php/faqpage#f1r1

If you're still having issues, post back:

Sadly, that did not help. I tried the process outlined in those instructions twice. I still get the same problem both times. When I went to check for any files/folders with "python" in the AppData/Roaming folder, I did not see any. Should there be some? Maybe that's the problem? Also, the icon for faceswap shortcut that is created on the desktop by the installer just shows a completely empty page (with the little flip down in the top right), which seems a little odd to me since aren't shortcuts to a bat files supposed to have the two gears? Thanks. Maybe fate doesn't want me to use faceswap ;_;

djandg

Post by djandg »

Did you uninstall Miniconda (or Anaconda) from you programmes/Apps list ?
You have to uninstall Conda, restart, and then a new install of Faceswap.
I had similar issue after updating and uninstalled Miniconda and removed Faceswap folder, reinstalled and it started OK after that. I have a different problem now, can't use two GPU's for training after latest update.

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

djandg wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:47 pm

Did you uninstall Miniconda (or Anaconda) from you programmes/Apps list ?
You have to uninstall Conda, restart, and then a new install of Faceswap.
I had similar issue after updating and uninstalled Miniconda and removed Faceswap folder, reinstalled and it started OK after that. I have a different problem now, can't use two GPU's for training after latest update.

Have you enabled "distributed" training option?

My word is final

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

I've downloaded and ran the installer. I have a shortcut to the faceswap_win_launcher.bat file on my desktop.

Sorry. I've just realized that I misread this. NO! That is not normal.

I'm not sure how the installer completed, to be honest. The contents of that folder should be the actual software!

Please could you rerun the installer to completion. Press "Show Details", right click on the window and hit "Copy", then paste the output.

My word is final