Tensorflow 2.3.0

Installing and setting up FaceSwap

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Antipope1

Tensorflow 2.3.0

Post by Antipope1 »

On attempting to install the new update, there was a message saying could not install tensorflow 2.3.0 with conda, installing with pip.
Then there was a message saying could not install with pip, please install manually.
After restarting faceswap it failed to load properly, and I ended up deleting faceswap/all the conda files etc and reinstalled faceswap.
I then attempted to update again, which was successful in the fact I could then restart and open faceswap to use again, however it still says to install the new tensorflow 2.3.0 manually.
My question is, is it imperative that I install the new version of tensorflow? I don't have any idea on how to, Will I run into problems if I don't?
And if its a must, any tips on how to do so? Faceswap has an amazing gui so it's easy to use for someone like me who's not so savvy with the code/backend part of computing, knowing where to go to install something like that is beyond my knowledge!
My gpu is a gigabyte rtx 2060 super 8gb, and cpu is ryzen 3 2200 if that helps in any way!

by torzdf » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:46 pm

Assuming that the message said something like Tensorflow>2.2.0<=2.3.0 not available in Conda, installing with pip, then that is fine.

Top level, we like to use Conda to manage our packages, because it is good at keeping things isolated from the rest of your system. Unfortunately Conda still haven't released Tensorflow 2.2 for Conda, so we have to work around that (I won't go into the potential technical issues there, but let's just say it's not ideal, and has lead to some install issues for some people), but ultimately it means we pull tensorflow from another location, and it's required dependencies from within Conda...

Ultimately if the "error" was just during install, and everything is running fine now, then you should be ok. If you are getting some kind of error/warning when launching/running faceswap, then please paste it here, and also post the output from Help>Output System Information from within the GUI.

Go to full post
The beginning of the end.
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Tensorflow 2.3.0

Post by torzdf »

How are you installing Faceswap (we don't use TF2.3)?

Follow these steps and report back if you still have issues.
app.php/faqpage#f1r1

My word is final

Antipope1

Post by Antipope1 »

I'm installing using the installer front the faceswap.dev website, setting up for nvidia gpu and letting it do its thing.
Reinstalling faceswap worked fine, and I don't seem to be having any more problems, although after reinstalling and then updating again it still came up with the same message, only this time update was successful and faceswap open and runs smoothly even with that message.
If its not an issue I won't worry about it. That being said, would there be a report on the update I can post just to show you what I mean? I'm not near my pc right now but can post later.

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

Assuming that the message said something like Tensorflow>2.2.0<=2.3.0 not available in Conda, installing with pip, then that is fine.

Top level, we like to use Conda to manage our packages, because it is good at keeping things isolated from the rest of your system. Unfortunately Conda still haven't released Tensorflow 2.2 for Conda, so we have to work around that (I won't go into the potential technical issues there, but let's just say it's not ideal, and has lead to some install issues for some people), but ultimately it means we pull tensorflow from another location, and it's required dependencies from within Conda...

Ultimately if the "error" was just during install, and everything is running fine now, then you should be ok. If you are getting some kind of error/warning when launching/running faceswap, then please paste it here, and also post the output from Help>Output System Information from within the GUI.

My word is final

Antipope1

Post by Antipope1 »

That is exactly what the message said!
And everything is working fine now, was just checking I did everything right and I won't have problems from it in the future.
Thanks for clearing that up!

Antipope1

Post by Antipope1 »

This Is what I get when updating.
This Is what I get when updating.
Untitled.png (85.26 KiB) Viewed 3911 times
torzdf

Post by torzdf »

Ah, ok. You can ignore that. I'll look to get the scary colored text suppressed from output ;)

My word is final

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

Ok, this was actually a bug....

This issue should go away after the next update you do.

My word is final