[indexing bug?] Manual tool landmarks showing up on wrong preview thumbnail

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Replicon

[indexing bug?] Manual tool landmarks showing up on wrong preview thumbnail

Post by Replicon »

I've been finding there are cases where selecting a face in the preview thumbnails will render the landmark preview in the thumbnail to the right of it.

One easy way to do this (my example is with a really clean source where every frame has a face):

• Open up the manual tool with some video

• Click on some face thumbnail. The landmarks are showing up on the correct thumb, and continue doing so if you hit Z/X to navigate.

• Right-click on your thumbnail and do "delete face". No thumbnail is selected (since your current frame no longer has a face in the alignment data)

• Press 'X' to move to the next face. The landmark preview shows up on the thumbnail to the RIGHT of the selected thumbnail.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: [indexing bug?] Manual tool landmarks showing up on wrong preview thumbnail

Post by torzdf »

Yeah, this happens when deleting faces. Unfortunately it's a very hard bug to track down, so I haven't prioritized.

You can still delete faces without the landmarks, and a reload of the tool will bring everything back in line.

My word is final

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: [indexing bug?] Manual tool landmarks showing up on wrong preview thumbnail

Post by torzdf »

I think I have squashed this bug. Please let me know if you still find an issue.

My word is final