Manual alignments for convert

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

BCBC

Manual alignments for convert

Post by BCBC »

Firstly just want to say this software is incredible, massive shout out to the developers, and also the community on the forums who are super helpful!

When checking the alignments/masks with the manual tool, I've noticed that the face coverage can be wildly different from face to face. For example, landmark 1 is often where the top of the ear joins the face, but sometimes much higher, and sometimes goes completely out of the face altogether. Is it good to correct these or let the model learn from the differences?

Also, some of the smaller faces are detected but the alignments are pretty funky. The mask partially covers the face but it seems detection hasn't identified the landmarks correctly; is it best to try and correct this with extraction/bounding box and manual alignments, or just leave it up to the model to decide? I'm thinking specifically for convert so I assume every frame needs an alignment file to prevent flickering/blur?

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Manual alignments for convert

Post by torzdf »

For training, I don't tend to worry too much, as long as the face seems mostly aligned.

For convert, I try to ensure the landmarks are as accurate as possible.

My word is final