Manual tool error

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here


Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Locked
User avatar
jpebcac
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:38 pm

Manual tool error

Post by jpebcac »

I receive this error on manual alignments .. and then get stuck. Any thoughts?

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Chris\MiniConda3\envs\faceswap\lib\tkinter\__init__.py", line 1883, in __call__
return self.func(*args)
File "C:\Users\Chris\faceswap\tools\manual\manual.py", line 850, in _set_frame
filename, frame = self._loader.image_from_index(position)
File "C:\Users\Chris\faceswap\lib\image.py", line 1111, in image_from_index
filename = self.file_list[index]
IndexError: list index out of range


User avatar
torzdf
Posts: 1265
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:53 am
Answers: 120
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 251 times

Re: Manual tool error

Post by torzdf »

Most likely you are trying to give the manual tool a folder of extracted faces rather than the original video/folder of images.

My word is final


User avatar
tokafondo
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:43 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Manual tool error

Post by tokafondo »

I'm also getting this in the manual tool, but only when checking "thumb regen". I'm pretty sure I'm supplying the frames folder instead of the faces folder.

crash log report attached.

Attachments
crash_report.2021.01.05.013751358380.log
crash log report
(36.07 KiB) Downloaded 19 times

User avatar
tokafondo
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:43 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Manual tool error

Post by tokafondo »

Well, I found the reason for this error and I'll explain.

I did a reextract from sources redoing detection and so, instead of already made prealignments.

The difference was that in the previous full extraction, I tried to save some time by deleting unwanted extracted faces before the extraction process itself was done. That was really a mistake because when the extraction script, module or whatever, finished, those pictures it expected to be there to be indexed, didn't exist anymore so the index was created without them.

After the second extraction, I let the script finish completely and then removed the unwanted faces and now the index matches the pictures in the folder.

LESSON LEARNED: Let the scripts do their jobs from start to end.


Locked