Alignments file out of snyc with images

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Balmmaker

Alignments file out of snyc with images

Post by Balmmaker »

First time faceswapper so be kind. Using photos as data sets. 1 set worked. Issue is with the 2nd extraction.

Extracted the faces successfully. Sorted them successfully (sorted by 'face', output to 'rename', 'keep' not checked, group by 'hist'). All the faces were sorted.

Then I went into the sorted faces in the output folder and, with an 3rd party image viewer, deleted the bad faces/non-faces. <-- this is the correct way, right?

After deleting the faces in the output folder, i went to files --> tools --> alignments
on 'Jobs' selected 'remove faces' with output as 'console'. Selected the alignment folder in the raw images file folder for the alignment file. Selected the output folder where I deleted the bad face images for the 'faces folder'.

Then I clicked 'alignments' to run it and the process ran and completed.

All this seemed to work like the first round of photos which did work.

However, when I launched the manual tool for fixing the alignments, it immediately became obvious that the wireframes for the faces were for completely different images. Eg. An image of with a small face looking left has a wire frame for a full frontal closeup image. All of the frames and images were completely mismatched. It seems obvious that the alignments file is out of sync with the image files.

So my questions are: 1) how do i correct this? 2) how do i avoid unsnycing the images from the alignment file?

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Alignments file out of snyc with images

Post by torzdf »

Are you able to provide a screengrab illustrating your issue (a short screen capture video would be even better)? It's been a long time since I used images as a source, but that really shouldn't matter

My word is final

burned4l

Post by burned4l »

I have noticed a similar issue. When I extract and then move to manual align, sometimes I notice clicking on a face that looks aligned and OK suddenly shifts the mask and alignment to a different location within the frame. This seems to happen more often when I use the same session to extract from multiple sources right after each other. I now shutdown the application and relaunch between extracts and it has been my workaround for this issue. Not sure if it is the same for your case.

Balmmaker

Post by Balmmaker »

Here is some typical examples. The alignments are obviously not for the same image at all, for all of them.

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

Hmmm, ok. That is odd. Do the faces previews look correct?

Ultimately, I think I'm going to need you to zip up your pics and alignments file and provide for me so I can see what's going on here. You are welcome to PM me the link.

My word is final

Balmmaker

Post by Balmmaker »

Nope. The previews in the thumbnails are representive of the very off wire frames :/ I redid the extraction too, did it again and had the same thing happen

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

Ok, the only way I'll be able to investigate this is to examine your source data and alignments file. If you can zip them up and provide to me (by PM) then I can investigate. I will only be using this data to fix this bug, I can guarantee it will not be shared.

My word is final

Balmmaker

Post by Balmmaker »

I think I figured it out. There seems to be a bit of a glitch I tested a few times.

Since I was using photos for the sets, in the extraction process I had set N=2 because I wanted half the set done so I could test the results on the other half or use those images for training. However, this seems to throw the alignments file completely out of wack. The fix is simply set n=1 when extracting.