Align upside down faces with fan in manual mode?

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

plyushevyy

Align upside down faces with fan in manual mode?

Post by plyushevyy »

Hi, guys!

Is there a way or patch to "fan" aligner to boost the efficiency of the upside down (extremely rotated) faces?

I'm trying to manually align a lot of upside down faces by "fan" in the manual mode. When I move the bounding box around the faces area - the alignment detection is so por in such cases so it's a luck if it detected a least a face line (all the face features aren't detecting automatically).

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Align upside down faces with fan in manual mode?

Post by torzdf »

Unfortunately not, no. That said, I've not really seen a specific problem with upside down faces. Have you tried amending the 'normalization' method? This often helps with tricky faces (I usually find clahe or hist work best)

My word is final

plyushevyy

Post by plyushevyy »

torzdf wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:13 am

Unfortunately not, no. That said, I've not really seen a specific problem with upside down faces. Have you tried amending the 'normalization' method? This often helps with tricky faces (I usually find clahe or hist work best)

thanks for the reply.
Yep. I've normalized them with hist.

MaxHunter

Post by MaxHunter »

Yeah, I was wondering the same the other day as I have some where the model is doing a handstand.