Recommended Alignment Accuracy for training

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

SwarmTogether

Recommended Alignment Accuracy for training

Post by SwarmTogether »

I did a test faceswap that came out pretty well, but noticed that sometimes border features were cut in, like the jawline. The original source was automatically extracted/aligned so I thought I'd do another one manually.

Many of the automatic alignments are sloppy:
(see jawline, this one isn't too bad)

I've been correcting them:

But this process is taking a lot of effort.

I have fixed plenty of really bad ones where the face features are randomly jagged - obviously THOSE need touched, but how accurate should the alignments actually be? Are we looking for "reasonable"? Is the automatically aligned picture above good enough?

I'm about a day into what could be a 3 day manual alignment stage just for this model if I continue.

And what about ears? Should the alignment be tight to the cheek and NOT include the ear?

Any suggestions?

LOVE YOUR TOOL, BTW

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Recommended Alignment Accuracy for training

Post by bryanlyon »

Alignments are really not that important, they're used to get the general face and to make one for of mask, but we're already starting to support much more advanced masks.

The best quality will come from manual composition, not manually tweaking close but not quite perfect alignments.