The input folder contains extracted faces. Please update your input

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

unkempt

The input folder contains extracted faces. Please update your input

Post by unkempt »

I'm mixing a variety of photos and extracted videos into one large set of images for my "source" face. I don't want to (and can't at this point) work with each source individually and want to treat the combined extracted faces folder as a new source for the purposes of building alignments, doing manual adjustments, etc.

The tool won't let me so I need a way around it. Is there a way to suppress this error or force-strip the meta data out of the images so I can do this?

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: The input folder contains extracted faces. Please update your input

Post by bryanlyon »

Once the images are ALL extracted you can put them into one folder and train and work off of that. But you shouldn't be mixing already extracted faces and images that haven't been extracted yet.

unkempt

Post by unkempt »

The problem is that I need to be able to adjust the alignments and add masks, but I can't without the manual tool.

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Post by bryanlyon »

The manual tool requires the original photos to work. There is no other way around using the original images. You can't adjust the alignments on an already extracted face there is nothing to adjust FROM.

If you absolutely don't have access to the originals you will have to delete badly aligned frames.

If you just need to add the mask, you can do that using the mask tool.

But you still cannot mix extracted faces with full images.

unkempt

Post by unkempt »

bryanlyon wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:21 pm

The manual tool requires the original photos to work. There is no other way around using the original images. You can't adjust the alignments on an already extracted face there is nothing to adjust FROM.

If you absolutely don't have access to the originals you will have to delete badly aligned frames.

If you just need to add the mask, you can do that using the mask tool.

But you still cannot mix extracted faces with full images.

I'm not mixing full images and extracted faces. I have a folder of extracted faces from photos and several videos. All the files are already just the face with the right rotation and everything. All I want now is to be able to apply alginments edit them, apply mask and boom - perfect source face folder for training. I don't understand why I can't just extract off a folder of already extracted faces. They could have been my originals and worked just fine (only faster because of less work to do in rotation and sizing etc).

unkempt

Post by unkempt »

I'll start again, but it seems like this restriction isn't necessary.

torzdf
Answers: 155

Post by torzdf »

unkempt wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:37 pm

All the files are already just the face with the right rotation and everything. All I want now is to be able to apply alginments edit them, apply mask and boom - perfect source face folder for training. I don't understand why I can't just extract off a folder of already extracted faces. They could have been my originals and worked just fine (only faster because of less work to do in rotation and sizing etc).

I'm not sure I completely follow on this. Do you mean you have already extracted faces and then you will be re-running extract on them, so they become the 'source' frames for the new extracted face? If you aren't doing this, then (as Bryan says above) it is impossible to adjust these landmarks. The extracted face is the RESULT of the landmarks you want to adjust. You need the source image to be able to adjust alignments.

If you have re-extracted from an already extracted set, then you'll need to find an exif editor to strip the meta-data from those faceswap extracted images. The reason that this restriction is in place is to prevent people from attempting to load up the manual tool from extracted faces. This happened.... a LOT. Conversely you are the only person I have heard of hitting this issue from potentially a different angle. From a support point of view, it is easier to keep the mechanism in place to prevent erroneous usage, rather than to have to open the support floodgates for people using the tool incorrectly.

tl:dr? Find an exif editor and batch strip the metadata from your previously extracted image if you intend to re-use them as source frames.

Last edited by torzdf on Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

My word is final

unkempt

Post by unkempt »

torzdf wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:58 am

I'm not sure I completely follow on this. Do you mean you have already extracted faces and then you will be re-running extract on them, so they become the 'source' frames for the new extracted face? If you aren't doing this, then (as Bryan says above) it is impossible to adjust these landmarks. The extracted face is the RESULT of the landmarks you want to adjust. You need the source image to be able to adjust alignments.

If you have re-extracted from an already extracted set, then you'll need to find an exif editor to strip the meta-data from those faceswap extracted images. The reason that this restriction is in place is to prevent people from attempting to load up the manual tool from extracted faces. This happened.... a LOT. Conversely you are the only person I have heard of hitting this issue from potentially a different angle. From a support point of view, it is easier to keep the mechanism in place to prevent erroneous usage, rather than to have to open the support floodgates for people using the tool incorrectly.

tl:dr? Find an exif editor and batch strip the metadata from your previously extracted image if you intend to re-use them as source frames.

Yes, that's basically it. I wanted a source of previously extracted files to become a new source on the idea that doing so would keep me from having to go through the entire extract process again. That and if I try to "extract alignments from faces" it helpfully separates them into different alignment files based on their original source which prevents me from treating it as one large single group for the purposes of manual alignment and mask updating.

I did try removing the data, but it didn't work. I only used the windows built-in removal though so that's probably why. In the end, cleaning up and improving my source files wasn't too especially terrible (especially since now I know what I'm doing a bit better). If I have to do this again, I have them neatly sorted into folders with alignment files in place so I can rapidly work with them and combine them into a faces folder for training.