To mask or not to mask...

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

dingdong420

To mask or not to mask...

Post by dingdong420 »

Is there any thoughts of when to use a mask or not to? I assume this can depend on the situation and maybe user preference, but are there certain times one should definitely use/not use masks?

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: To mask or not to mask...

Post by bryanlyon »

See the mask section at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27 for info on masks.

The only time you might not use a mask is if you're manually compositing the video, in all other situations you'll want a mask of some sort.

dingdong420

Re: To mask or not to mask...

Post by dingdong420 »

I appreciate the clarification! I've read that link and was still a lil shaky on explicitly "should I use a mask or not?". I know this isn't an absolute, but it's reassuring to have a 'soft' starting point.