Extremely slow extracting time

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

alex2kgr

Extremely slow extracting time

Post by alex2kgr »

Hello and happy new year,

I've been checking out FS for a couple hours after having already experimented with DFL for a few days, but somehow I'm getting much slower extracting times from FS on the same video.

I'm using the settings from the guide, but I get the orange color error about "not enough VRAM for parallel processing, changing to serial". My gpu is a gtx980 4gb and the extraction time difference is about 8 times more in FS than DFL (10min to 1h20m).

I've changed various settings with no success so far. Any ideas what it could be?

by torzdf » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:43 pm

This has been answered in our Discord, but for other users searching:

User had accidentally installed the CPU version of Faceswap. Issue was resolved by removing the Faceswap folder and re-running installer ensuring that the "Nvidia" option was selected.

Go to full post
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Extremely slow extracting time

Post by torzdf »

This has been answered in our Discord, but for other users searching:

User had accidentally installed the CPU version of Faceswap. Issue was resolved by removing the Faceswap folder and re-running installer ensuring that the "Nvidia" option was selected.

My word is final