ndarray is not C-contiguous

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

unfor54k3n

ndarray is not C-contiguous

Post by unfor54k3n »

So I keep getting this error when I use the manual tool and try and convert over the video.

Failed to save image 'D:\Face_Swap_Testing\video\Output_vid2\LizzyP_004459.png'. Original Error: ndarray is not C-contiguous

No idea why its doing this, it seems to only happen when I use the manual tool and save out the alignments after. Any ideas? It basically corrupts the output PNG and makes it empty/broken file. (I am also using the latest version)

As another question, what is the preferred workflow/goal when using the alignments tool? Do the markers actually have to line up properly to make a face or does it just need to detect enough of a face? Because a lot of times it is impossible to align with the manual tool and it will generate a lot of zigzag lines across the face.

Any help is appreciated thanks!

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: ndarray is not C-contiguous

Post by torzdf »

The alignments tool is currently being re-written, so I won't be looking to bugfix.

However, the tool has no impact on output pngs (they aren't used for the tool) so I'm not sure how it would corrupt pngs?

My word is final

unfor54k3n

Post by unfor54k3n »

It seems like when I use the manual alignments tool and save the new alignment file and load that back in for my convert process it breaks something which causes the error I am getting above. So I assume it’s related as that error does not show up if I use the raw “extracted” alignments which I never modified using the manual tool.

I will just wait until you release the new manual alignments tool and report back if I run into issues.

botoxparty

Post by botoxparty »

I'm having the same problem with converting from an alignment file that was edited manually.

It also says this for me, not sure what Reason: 'extended' is referring to? Any ideas?

ERROR: Failed to convert image: 'Image_007212.png'. Reason: 'extended'
ERROR: Failed to save image '/home/ubuntu/faceswap/dist/Image_007212.png'. Original Error: ndarray is not C-contiguous