Extraction stuck on "Status: Executing - extract.py" in GUI

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Wasyl

Extraction stuck on "Status: Executing - extract.py" in GUI

Post by Wasyl »

Hi, I've recently started using faceswap gui and i stomped on a problem right on the beginning.
I've followed Extract Tutorial from this forum and after starting extraction something begun to download.
Few moments later, after second file has downloaded the status bar was stuck on Decompressing last file (it was on 100%).
I was trying to be patient but after about 30 minutes I terminated the process and restarted faceswap program.
I've started extracting with the same setting but now there's no other sings of life other than "Status: Executing - extract.py"

Did i do something wrong?

by torzdf » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:20 am

Ok. There is an issue that FFMPEG sometimes just hangs when attempting to get the frame count. There isn't a lot we can do to stop the hang, but I have implemented a timeout, so that this will no longer block Faceswap from running.

Please update to the latest code and let me know if this fixes your issue.

Thanks

Go to full post
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Extraction stuck on "Status: Executing - extract.py" in GUI

Post by torzdf »

That's too long....

Can I ask, were you extracting from a video? If so, there appears to be an inconsistent bug in one of the libraries we rely on for reading from videos. I am going to see if I can build a workaround....

In the meantime, you can use the Effmpeg tool (Tools tab > Effmpeg) to extract the individual frames from the video into a folder, then you can extract the faces from that folder.

My word is final

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Extraction stuck on "Status: Executing - extract.py" in GUI

Post by torzdf »

Ok. There is an issue that FFMPEG sometimes just hangs when attempting to get the frame count. There isn't a lot we can do to stop the hang, but I have implemented a timeout, so that this will no longer block Faceswap from running.

Please update to the latest code and let me know if this fixes your issue.

Thanks

My word is final