Illegal instruction: 4

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

mnemonic

Post by mnemonic »

Hi Guys

I am on a Mac running OSX 10.12.6 w an NVIDIA Titan X Card

trying to run this command line and getting an error

192-168-1-103:faceswap User$ python faceswap.py extract -i clip -o faces -A dlib
Setting Faceswap backend to NVIDIA
04/22/2020 17:02:54 INFO Log level set to: INFO

Can anyone help.. not sure why this error is coming up.. up until this point it's been working fine and looks like a successful install

Any help would be great .. not sure what other info I need to list about the setup to get help as I am not highly technical .. the installation is on the main drive of my machine. Not sure if this has something to do with any of the Tensor Flow, Python etc versions not being compatible with eachother .. or version of cuda etc.. if you can send me any direction on how to work this out it would be great, i would just like to get it working

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Illegal instruction: 4

Post by torzdf »

Unfortunately we don't have availability of a Mac to test against (and certainly don't have an OSX/Nvidia combo to test against), but we have never seen this error reported.

This looks like an Apple specific error due to a badly compiled program, which may be because you are on a slightly older macOS, but also may not be. Sorry.

My word is final