Extraction Hanging

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

cowbite

Extraction Hanging

Post by cowbite »

Sorry for the stupid question but I followed the instructions and hit extract and it shows that it's working but I show no usage on my CPU or memory (nvidia gpu so it might not show up anyway?) but I don't get any extracted faces. It doesn't appear to be doing anything.

The console output is:

etting Faceswap backend to NVIDIA
05/20/2020 00:10:00 INFO Log level set to: VERBOSE
2020-05-20 00:10:00.423075: I tensorflow/stream_executor/platform/default/dso_loader.cc:44] Successfully opened dynamic library cudart64_100.dll
05/20/2020 00:10:04 INFO Output Directory: G:\!tmp\!xxxxxxxxx\face-out
05/20/2020 00:10:04 VERBOSE Alignments filepath: 'G:\!Photos-Primary\!Lisa\alignments.fsa'

and that is all. Nothing in previews and nothing the in face-out folder other than a fsw file.
Any suggestions? In the input folder are pictures with clearly shot faces.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Extraction Hanging

Post by torzdf »

This looks like it's hanging.

Can you run with loglevel set to TRACE let it run to the point it hangs, leave it for a couple of minutes, and kill the process. Then provide the faceswap.log file from your faceswap folder.

Also, please post the output of Help > Output System Information

My word is final

cowbite

Post by cowbite »

Ok so in the process of doing what you asked, I thought that maybe the bang (!) in the path might be causing a problem or something to that effect so I moved the images to c:\tmp2 and made the output folder the same and it worked immediately.

Well, it ppulated the preview area with pictures where it didn't before so I assume it's working or thinking about the images?

There is quite a bit in the console but one error it's throwing up is:
WARNING The frame size for reading (720, 1280) is different from the source frame size (1280, 720).

Does that matter?
Also system info tool fails with:
Exception occured trying to retrieve sysinfo: exception: access violation reading 0x000000009636C810

I might need to run it with admin privs?
Thanks!

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Post by bryanlyon »

Don't run it with admin priviledges, no.

The error you're seeing on size is what happens when you use a video that isn't properly rotated. If it's working for you, don't worry about it. If it's failing, use ffmpeg or other tool to re-encode the video to get it properly rotated.