Deleting faces in manual alignment

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Antipope1

Deleting faces in manual alignment

Post by Antipope1 »

I was using the manual alignment tool this evening, and spent a few hours manually adjusting alignments for over 5k images, deleting any that were "spiderwebs" that were in parts if the frames that were not faces.
I then skipped back to the first frame to go back through the alignments and check my work.
I noticed when doing this, it seemed that the deleted faces had reappeared.
I deleted them again and went back and forth a frame or two, and they seep to keep appearing.
Have they actually been deleted?

by bryanlyon » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:38 pm

I recommend (and the guide walks you through) using the sort FIRST then if you need to tweak some manually THEN use the manual tool.

Go to full post
The beginning of the end.
bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Deleting faces in manual alignment

Post by bryanlyon »

I haven't had this happen to me. That said, I highly recommend you use the sort and other tools to clean the data instead of trying to use the manual tool. The manual tool is really best used to fill in missing data or to clean up masks, but not a great tool to remove large amounts of bad faces.

Antipope1

Post by Antipope1 »

Thanks.
So just to make sure I get this right as I'm good at getting things in the wrong order..

Extract and then use the manual tool, adjust alignments where necessary, just ignore any frames that I don't need.

Then after re-extracting from the alignments file using the extract tool (in the tools menu), sort the images in the re-extracted folder and delete what's not wanted, then use the remove faces tool to clean that alignments file?

The beginning of the end.
bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Post by bryanlyon »

I recommend (and the guide walks you through) using the sort FIRST then if you need to tweak some manually THEN use the manual tool.