Not detecting my images from either output folder in alignments file

If training is failing to start, and you are not receiving an error message telling you what to do, tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Training process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Training process, then you should look in the Training Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

scouttheworld

Not detecting my images from either output folder in alignments file

Post by scouttheworld »

Title. Whenever I try to start training, it spits out every file name of all the images, and says

10/21/2020 12:50:08 ERROR Caught exception in thread: '_training_0'
10/21/2020 12:50:08 ERROR There are faces in your training folder(s) which do not exist in your alignments file. Training cannot continue. See above for a full list of files missing alignments.

Process exited.

I have tried moving everything off my secondary SSD and onto my boot drive, I've tried external hardware. I've ran the program in admin mode, I've deleted and retried my alignment file creation, nothing works. Could something else be contributing to the problem?

Excuse me if this has been asked before, I've searched topics similar to this one but they are different problems.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Not detecting my images from either output folder in alignments file

Post by torzdf »

Most likely something has messed up somewhere.

FIrst up, your training folder should only contain extracted faces and nothing else.

2ndly, use the alignments tool to see if you can work out which faces are missing and why.

My word is final

scouttheworld

Post by scouttheworld »

I have used the missing-alignments tool, and it is saying everything is missing.

Is there a way I can add things to the alignments file?

scouttheworld

Post by scouttheworld »

It's also being weird in other ways. When I tried restarting my project from scratch, I can no longer find my allignments.fsa

Now it's saying "... is missing faces from your alignments file..."

I am leaving the allignments box empty when I extract the first time, am I missing a step?

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

No. That sounds fine....

The way we keep track of image files is by using the hash of the image (this is so filenames can be changed without losing your data). However, if you change the image in ANY way, it means that Faceswap will not be able to pick up the faces any more.

My word is final

scouttheworld

Post by scouttheworld »

I'm narrowing down my problems to faceswap not giving me an alignments file. I have looked around in my extract folder, and I have no clue why whenever it does happen to generate an alignments folder, that it says there's nothing in it!

Do you have any troubleshooting I could do through to resolve this? I've even resolved to trying to use a VM to rule out any storage cross-talk problems. I can not figure out what's going wrong where. I've tried watching video tutorials to see if I messed anything up, and I can't seem to find the problem. At the point, I'm committed to try anything needed to resolve this.

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

scouttheworld wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:14 am

I'm narrowing down my problems to faceswap not giving me an alignments file. I have looked around in my extract folder, and I have no clue why whenever it does happen to generate an alignments folder, that it says there's nothing in it!

Alignments file is created in the source location, not the extract folder. So if you extracted from myvid.mp4 you will end up with an alignments file myvid_alignments.fsa stored next to the video.

My word is final

scouttheworld

Post by scouttheworld »

It's training now. I did not figure that out the multiple times I tried this, sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for the help!

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

No problem....

There is a slight workflow disconnect between extracting faces/alignments and using alignments for training, so it's an easy mistake to make.

My word is final