Understanding how variations in data impact results

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

wentdot

Understanding how variations in data impact results

Post by wentdot »

I am curious about how to connect specific features of my data to my results.

The "rules of thumb" make sense - including a variety of different poses, expressions, lighting, etc. But supposing the data set is necessarily flawed in some way - let's say half the data set is from before the person got plastic surgery on their nose, or from 5-10 years earlier. How does the disparity in the data manifest in the swap?

Are features that are inconsistent in the data necessarily averaged (and thus blurred?) in the result?

Suppose half of the pictures feature a mole that was removed - should we expect a fainter mole in the swap?

abigflea
Answers: 2

Re: Understanding how variations in data impact results

Post by abigflea »

This is a curious question. I like it.

For the mole question, I would suspect it would do like beards and glasses, depending on frame and lighting, it would appear and disappear, maybe hang around faded.

For the entirety of your question.. who knows. Could be an interesting test.

:o I dunno what I'm doing :shock:
2X RTX 3090 : RTX 3080 : RTX: 2060 : 2x RTX 2080 Super : Ghetto 1060