GUI swappinng A and B entries in Training.

If training is failing to start, and you are not receiving an error message telling you what to do, tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Training process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Training process, then you should look in the Training Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

madpuppy1961

GUI swappinng A and B entries in Training.

Post by madpuppy1961 »

I've been struggling with training for the last five or six sessions. I kept getting errors about images missing from the alignment file, files not being in the folder I just entered., etc. I thought I was going a bit batshit until I went back and checked the entries. Once I enter the information for the A images and alignments I verify them. When I get the information entered for the B data I've found that the information in for the A Data that I just entered has changed. This is extremely frustrating. It's like the most boring game of whack-a-mole........ever.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: GUI swappinng A and B entries in Training.

Post by torzdf »

There are 2 possibilities here.
1) You have missed a step in the extraction process
2) Some software on your PC is somehow altering the files.

re: 2 The way Faceswap keeps track of images is to get the "hash" of the image itself. This is basically a unique identifier, and means we can keep track of face images if the filename changes. However, if the image changes in any way, then it will get a new hash, and Faceswap will no longer be able to track the faces.

If your faces still have their default filename, then you can try using the "update-hashes" option in the alignments tool to update your alignments file to contain the current hashes of each image.

My word is final

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: GUI swappinng A and B entries in Training.

Post by bryanlyon »

The programs most likely to change your files are photo organizers, "cloud" storage provider apps, and backup software. All three may add metadata, compress, or otherwise change the files. Any time I've seen this problem it's been one of those three culprits.