unable to train and convert or preview model

If training is failing to start, and you are not receiving an error message telling you what to do, tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Training process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Training process, then you should look in the Training Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

cosmico

Re: unable to train and convert or preview model

Post by cosmico »

I'm by no means an expert, but when I run into

Code: Select all

CRITICAL Error caught! Exiting...
ERROR Caught exception in thread: '_training_0'

I first check to make sure that all my setting are right. Sometimes I have the wrong model selected from a previous project where I used a different model or sometimes I don''t have a timelapse folder assigned when I'm using timelapse. Then The thing that usually solves the problem for me is restoring the model from backup
tools>restore>
select you model's path exactly like you would if you were choosing the model path for training or conversion, and then it fixes it. As far as my understanding goes, restoring your model from backup doesn't harm it in anyway, but if you want to be extra cautious, you can just make a copy of your entire model in windows explorer.

Also:
I'm pretty sure mods want you to post help in the extraction, training, conversion forums, and
pro tip: If you are concerned about privacy, before you copy and paste code online, you should first check if it has your name on it like: ""C:\Users\denye\" and either rename it or delete the name

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: unable to train and convert or preview model

Post by bryanlyon »

Can't be sure since you didn't post a crashlog, but that last message looks like a corrupt model file. If so, you can try to use the restore tool to go back to a previous version.

Please post the crashlog if that's not it.

Your first error is a GUI glitch that happens (particularly when the model is corrupt) and usually just restarting the GUI will fix it.

Also, like Cosmico said, I moved this to the training support forum.