hardware requirements of different models?

If training is failing to start, and you are not receiving an error message telling you what to do, tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Training process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Training process, then you should look in the Training Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

14XXX88

hardware requirements of different models?

Post by 14XXX88 »

is it specified anywhere? I have a 6gb RTX 2060 and SAE won't run because of lack of VRAM.

cosmico

Re: hardware requirements of different models?

Post by cosmico »

There's are definitely some hard requirements, Some trainer will not work on some cards, but there also some soft requirements. When a model is training at a speed as low of 1 eg/s, it is technically working, but is practically unviable do to how long that model would take to train. Nobody wants that -That's essentially not working.

I have the same card as you and I can run every model offered, it just depends on the size of the model. I can't remember if it was DFL-Sae or Unbalanced, but the largest model I was able to successfully run was a 160 pixel sized. And at that point it was only training like 5 eg/s. However doing those same models at much smaller sizes has them running much faster.

Rough estimates on my speeds on models are:
Original: 270 eg/s batch: 50 (used to be 470 eg/s before the update, dont know what thats about)
DFL-H128 80 eg/s Batch: 30
Villain: 45 Eg/s Batch: 6

abigflea
Answers: 2

Re: hardware requirements of different models?

Post by abigflea »

Try Dfaker with default values. It should run very reasonably, with reasonable results.
FYI I believe I got dfl-sae to run slowly on a 6gb card, tweaking down some of the settings in the config.
Basically everything will run on a 8 GB card at default.

:o I dunno what I'm doing :shock:
2X RTX 3090 : RTX 3080 : RTX: 2060 : 2x RTX 2080 Super : Ghetto 1060