Dlight training issue

If training is failing to start, and you are not receiving an error message telling you what to do, tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Training process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Training process, then you should look in the Training Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

tofkd91

Dlight training issue

Post by tofkd91 »

Hi, I have been using faceswap for a few weeks experimenting with different models and settings but I've come across an issue testing out Dlight, I left a model to train overnight and this was the outcome.

I thought I picked the wrong settings or something was wrong with the project itself so I tried training in original and dfaker, neither of which had this issue, so I went to a different project file and tried to train with dlight but I had the same issue.

Earlier today I installed faceswap on another PC and transferred the files and encountered the same issue, so I just tried making a new project with completely new face sets and the issue is persisting.

Is there any chance I've somehow missed a setting or it's a rare problem with the Dlight model? I've used previously used original, dfaker, lightweight and villain with no issues, Thanks.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Dlight training issue

Post by torzdf »

Lower the learning rate.

Generally, more complex models will need a lower learning rate. Dlight can be a bit unstable at times.

My word is final

tofkd91

Post by tofkd91 »

I tried lowering the values of the learning rate gradually down to 1e-6 and also lowering the epsilon exponent but the issue persisted, but after some tweaking I seem to have fixed it by changing the details option in the dlight settings from good to fast.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

You will need to start a new model each time you lower the learning rate. You won't be able to pick up and continue on an already corrupted model.

My word is final