Masking Hands over Face?

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Dan

Masking Hands over Face?

Post by Dan »

Hey Everyone,
I'm new around and I have a question I'm curious about:

1. Is there an automatic "masking" hands / finger over the face?
if so... what Trainer and other Properties do I need to use?

2. Is there a manual way to do the above using the "Alignments tool" maybe?

I'm aware it's possible to do it manually via After-Effects, but when I tried DeepFaceLab they had a tool to draw over the existing face-mask but it was a bit confusing to work with, I'm just curious if there are AUTO or manual ways to do that.

3. (off-topic) question: Can somebody explain how Good / Bad is the "Original" Trainer compare to others? and is it better or worst than: Dfaker / Dfl-H128 / Lightweight ? I would love to know.

I just installed FaceSwap so I still need to understand how to work with it of course.
Sorry about my bad English and thanks ahead! :)

by bryanlyon » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:06 am

Welcome to the community.

1 & 2: Right now, there is not, no. HOWEVER, it's in progress and we'll have a solution for this soon.

3: Original is the first deepfakes model and is basically worse than any others EXCEPT for lowmem. On your list DFaker is the best. However, you may want to check out Realface or Unbalanced instead. We have a full guide for all our models coming soon (or available for our Patreons as early access at https://faceswap.dev/2019/10/06/patreon ... ing-guide/ ) which goes over each model providing the info on each.

Go to full post
bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Masking Hands over Face?

Post by bryanlyon »

Welcome to the community.

1 & 2: Right now, there is not, no. HOWEVER, it's in progress and we'll have a solution for this soon.

3: Original is the first deepfakes model and is basically worse than any others EXCEPT for lowmem. On your list DFaker is the best. However, you may want to check out Realface or Unbalanced instead. We have a full guide for all our models coming soon (or available for our Patreons as early access at https://faceswap.dev/2019/10/06/patreon ... ing-guide/ ) which goes over each model providing the info on each.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Thanks for the warm welcome and quick detailed reply, I appreciate it! :)
I'm already excited about the upcoming improvements and I will take a look on the links you've added.

Since my hardware isn't the best:

CPU: Intel i7 4770K 3.50GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4GB
RAM: 32GB
SSD Hard Drive
Windows 10 OS

I'm wondering... based on your knowledge and experience what would you recommend me to aim/try for as a more decelnt Trainer? what I should go for in order to get "nice" and not worst

Few more question: (sorry about that)
1. Since I already started with the "Original" Trainer, If I switch to other Trainers it will create a NEW model from scratch or will somehow "continue" from the last trainer and try to improve it? (sorry for the stupid question)

2. From my understanding, lowering the Batch Size will use less VRAM but... my question is:
If I use 8 Batch Size or... any other Higher number, BESIDE the fact it will go slowly and use less VRAM... will the FINAL result be the same? or it will reduce the the quality as well?

BTW - I must say I LOVE the interface, I just wish we had a DARK THEME because my eyes are bleeding from this bright hehe, no complain... just a suggestion of course.

I will read your links, but I'm just curious if there are some tips I should try to set, with no GPU crashes etc..
Beside lowering the Batch Size more and more...

Please keep up the good work and thanks ahead!

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Post by bryanlyon »

1. Since I already started with the "Original" Trainer, If I switch to other Trainers it will create a NEW model from scratch or will somehow "continue" from the last trainer and try to improve it? (sorry for the stupid question)

Yes, it will. But with your 4gb card, you might struggle getting a bigger model. You can try Cloud like Google Colab (which is free).

2. From my understanding, lowering the Batch Size will use less VRAM but... my question is:
If I use 8 Batch Size or... any other Higher number, BESIDE the fact it will go slowly and use less VRAM... will the FINAL result be the same? or it will reduce the the quality as well?

Larger/Smaller batch sizes DO effect the result. My metaphor is a "forest for the trees" sort of thing. Bigger batch sizes will generalize more. Lower will get more specific details. Finding the "best" batch size is an ongoing process and experimentation is required.

BTW - I must say I LOVE the interface, I just wish we had a DARK THEME because my eyes are bleeding from this bright hehe, no complain... just a suggestion of course.

If you mean, the app, we'll consider it. If you mean the Forum, we do have a Dark Theme, it's just not default. Check your profile options in the top right!

Dan

Post by Dan »

Thanks once again!

Yes, I mean a Dark Theme for the app, it's really bright... it's just a suggestion of course it will be a great improvement. :)

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

A dark theme for the app is not straight forward.

We use a GUI Tool called tkInter, so we can plug into the OS's window manager. Unfortunately different OSes handle displays differently, so creating custom coloring is tough without it looking janky.

My word is final