What is the Fastest Configuration/Preset ?

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Jackpot

What is the Fastest Configuration/Preset ?

Post by Jackpot »

Hello, im trying to put my girlfriend's face into a tv series scene. I want to ask what is the fastest configuration, or maybe you can put some option/preset for regular(and maybe low-end pc) users who just wants to do 'not so important' stuff.

For example; both my models and video scene, they are all high quality, i think training will be so accurate i have no doubt about it but i dont want to make something so professional you know, its ok just to change faces and catch the right colour tone. when i do train with original trainer(i know about lightweight still i choose original), i have like 80k iterations still the model is blurry when i convert it. well i can do 150k.. or 300k or more its alright i get it the more i get the better it will be but i think there has to be some faster way than that, i mean it feels like it shouldnt be so hard to swap faces when you got your alignments then just replace faces and fix the borders or am i wrong?

I mean it could be more useful if people can do low quality swaps to videos. By low quality, not blurry but only just replace faces instead of blurring it maybe..? And since english isnt my primary language, sorry if i say something rude or like that. :)

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: What is the Fastest Configuration/Preset ?

Post by torzdf »

Unfortunately that just isn't how the Neural Networks for Faceswapping works. There are no real short cuts. Training a model takes a long time, there is no getting away from it. There are apps out there that do what you want (e.g. face swapping filter in SnapChat). As these kind of "quick and dirty" approaches already exist, it is not our goal to replicate them.

In answer to the original quest, the fastest model is definitely Lightweight. But, by extension, it is also the worst quality.

My word is final