Train on MULTIPLE FOLDERS containing extracted faces?

If training is failing to start, and you are not receiving an error message telling you what to do, tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Training process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Training process, then you should look in the Training Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

PooOnBirbs

Train on MULTIPLE FOLDERS containing extracted faces?

Post by PooOnBirbs »

As the title asks: Is it possible to train on multiple folders specifically for "INPUT A"?

I have attempted using a comma separator ' , ' a semicolon ' ; ' and a few other variations to force that action. Obviously that didnt work.

Why? I have multiple sources that I prefer to keep separated from each other. Specifically because I use them at various points in training and others need manual adjustment in the future. Additionally I have found that moving those extracts seems to break a lot of things in FS and want to avoid creating issues.

Regardless, is there a way to select MULTIPLE FOLDERS as sources for INPUT A | INPUT B during TRAINING?

Maybe this should be filed under <FEATURE REQUESTS> ?

Birb

torzdf
Answers: 156

Re: Train on MULTIPLE FOLDERS containing extracted faces?

Post by torzdf »

Sadly not, and given that you are the first person I have ever seen request this kind of feature, it is unlikely to be something I will implement.

I'm curious as to what this means:

Additionally I have found that moving those extracts seems to break a lot of things in FS and want to avoid creating issues.

as it shouldn't break anything.

One potential workaround is to look at symlinking:
https://www.howtogeek.com/16226/complet ... -or-linux/

An (untested) method for doing symlinks on a batch of files is here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/223 ... in-windows

Last edited by torzdf on Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My word is final

PooOnBirbs

Post by PooOnBirbs »

Symlink sounds like the perfect solution to the problem I presented. I'll run it through its course and post results here.

To your question of what/which errors I had received: While moving extracted faces (to sort them), I believe I had encountered errors related to masks. Looking back and having done a bit of digging - I believe this was before FS included masks in each individual extracted file. And, more to the point, I really had no idea what I was doing then.
It's very possible that what I was doing would no longer break anything and I just continued to assume that it still would for 2 years. Thinking about it now - I have recently moved libraries of "extracts" across disparate faster|slower drives and have not experienced errors.

Essentially I'm just a circus elephant preconditioned into a routine by a tiny rope pegged to the ground... I'll pull it out and run free someday.

Thanks for the speedy reply. Thank you for your time and effort to make this process accessible to Elephants like me. And I am looking forward to trying out the Patrion level Manual Editor Tool... that still a thing?

torzdf
Answers: 156

Post by torzdf »

Yep, it was a lot more complicated when you had to keep track of alignments files for training.

Now it should be as simple as dumping any and all faces into a single folder and hitting "Train".

Hopefully the symlinks will work out for you

My word is final