Error "Files missing alignments" from random frames

If training is failing to start, and you are not receiving an error message telling you what to do, tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Training process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Training process, then you should look in the Training Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

om6g6

Error "Files missing alignments" from random frames

Post by om6g6 »

Hi,

I'm getting this error
when i start training my model.
Problem :

• The image mentioned ('BasicInstinct_002325_0.png') has alignments, i checked manually.
  • The images of the folder have just been extracted (and I started training directly) from the same video, and the same alignments file.

When i try to extract again my training set (deleting the malfunctioning one) from the alignment file, i get the same error, but with different images mentioned (sometimes 2 images, often far apart in the video), and they seems to be picked randomly. I checked several of them with "manual" and they had alignments too.

The error is happening since yesterday or one day before maybe.
I have the latest version of FS, including the last patch from 1 hour or so.
Thanks for your help !
(And thanks for this wonderful tool)
Om6g6

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Error "Files missing alignments" from random frames

Post by torzdf »

Do you extract from the same machine you train on? Do you alter the extracted faces in any way?

My word is final

om6g6

Post by om6g6 »

Hi

Yes, the same machine.
I'm under the impression th bug comes from the other bug i posted yesterday about the "remove-faces" tool.
I'm gonna test your latest update today and will give you feedback asap.
Thanks !

om6g6

Post by om6g6 »

Dunno if the 2 issues are from the same cause, but :

• I installed the latest patch fixing the problem in "Remove-faces".
  • Thanks to that I've been able to identify the missing alignements from my file with "left-over faces"
  • Then I've have been fixing them one by one manually

The remaining ones were in a bunch of faces from an immobile subject.
What i noticed : this time, when i really fixed it manually (with a click and adjustment) and saved, the alignment was saved.
But when i used "c" to copy the same alignment from the previous picture (without ajusting it manually), it wasn't saved even if i pressed space. Or more precisely, it appeared to be saved, but it was not in the file when i checked again with "left-over faces".
When I tried "manual" again on the faces I had copied from the previous picture, and this time adjusted manually, this time they were saved also.

TLDR; => my problem, as described in this topic is solved, but it seems there is a remaining problem about the "copy the same alignment from the previous picture" in manual tool. Or perhaps my alignments file was corrupted somehow and i had to manually rewrite the alignment, I don't know.
I hope I'm clear, please feel free to ask me for more details if needed.
And again, thanks for your help !