Improving quality

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

alexbrus

Improving quality

Post by alexbrus »

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X
RAM : 32Gb
GeForce 1070ti(8gb)

I did few more attempts with "Original" model and wanted, to try other models i.e. realface villain. Training with these models fails with errors that it is not enough VRAM. I tried to tune this , enabled LowMem, lowering batch size, but then it started to run very slow.

Q: what is the best model, tuning for my HW I can try in order to improve quality?
If it will be slower 36x than training with Original model it is ok

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Improving quality

Post by bryanlyon »

Villain is barely able to run on 8gb of vram. Try a BS of 1. If that doesn't work, try closing extra programs (Like browsers). Unfortunately MSG and other memory saving features come at a cost of time, that's just the tradeoff that you have to make to run larger models with limited memory.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

Villain will run on an 8GB card, but it will be tough (maybe impossible?) on Windows because of the OS overhead.

If you can, then I run Linux (Xubuntu would be my recommendation), maybe via dual boot, to get access to more of your card's VRAM.

My word is final

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

There are tips for knowing when the model is ready here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=146#monitor

My word is final