Training Set(s)

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

TheNihilust

Training Set(s)

Post by TheNihilust »

Wondering how you approach your training set workflow.

I’ve been separating my extraction folders with the corresponding alignments so that I can keep track of them easily, and then copying and pasting into one big training set where I then merge all of my alignments. Was wondering if there would be a benefit to creating multiple training sets based on similar facial positions/lighting and taking turns moving through each set to address lagging image-types, or if the homogenous training set is preferable for making sure the model gets everything at once?

abigflea
Answers: 2

Re: Training Set(s)

Post by abigflea »

So, what I have been doing is I make a big folder I call "original". In there I put everything: google images, Video extracts, etc.

Extract it all at 512pix then clean that "originals" folder all up.
I do not separate the faces except for beards, glasses, or heavy makeup.
So then I can train with only glasses to glasses, or no makeup to no makeup.

From that "original"folder, I do the extract (set "min Size" to 100) to a "extracted" folder of whatever resolution and mask I feel I need for training. All there, no merging alignments needed.

:o I dunno what I'm doing :shock:
2X RTX 3090 : RTX 3080 : RTX: 2060 : 2x RTX 2080 Super : Ghetto 1060