Cannot seem to get Dfaker model to work (newbie)

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

MetaUserName

Cannot seem to get Dfaker model to work (newbie)

Post by MetaUserName »

Despite attempting to run Dfaker with a batch size of 1 i am unable to use the model without the trainer crashing due to vram limitations. My computer has a nvidia geforce gtx 1050 (not Ti so only 2Gb vram). I know i'm running on low end hardware, but is their anyway i can get the model to run?

Settings i am using:
Batch size 1
warp to landmarks
Allow Growth
Memory saving gradients
Optimizer savings
Tried it with and without ping pong same result.

If it is just not possible for me to use the Dfaker model on my computer, what is the recommended alternative?

P.S. Its probably a dumb question but, how does the unbalanced trainer work? Is it used to swap face A onto B or B onto A? The language is a little confusing to me.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Cannot seem to get Dfaker model to work (newbie)

Post by torzdf »

A 2GB GPU will run the Lightweight model, and maybe the Original model with optimizer settings enabled.

My word is final