Some swaps still looks like A->A instead of A->B

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

police.bike

Some swaps still looks like A->A instead of A->B

Post by police.bike »

Sometimes I had a strange training output with below settings:

Original model -> 87.5 coverage -> Batch 16/32/64 -> smooth/ssim -> Extended mask -> default kernel blur on masks

The preview after 50k iterations of batch size 64 still looks like A->A rather than A->B. Esp with ssim loss, I see this often.

Is there any tech reason behind this ?

I made sure I chose similar skull types and ensured features resemble closely on A & B faces.

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Some swaps still looks like A->A instead of A->B

Post by bryanlyon »

It should be swapping. Reasons why preview tool might show bad swaps: alignments missing (wrong face detected). Mask being wrongly detected causing a blank swap. Double check your alignments and masks (Extended is created automatically from the alignments so just make sure the alignments are correct). If you're still having a problem, we'll really need to SEE what you mean. Post some screenshots for us to examine.

police.bike

Re: Some swaps still looks like A->A instead of A->B

Post by police.bike »

sure. will post. I switched to Original with a reduced coverage % and mae loss when I noticed this issue. Will try to re-create the scenario and update. Thanks for your reply.