Having issues with trainer.

If training is failing to start, and you are not receiving an error message telling you what to do, tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Training process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Training process, then you should look in the Training Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Danburlance

Having issues with trainer.

Post by Danburlance »

Hello al. im new to the faceswap.py game but ive put in a couple of hours of extracting the inputs i want to use in the trainer, but when i go to select them it doesnt show anything...

Am i just being an idiot?

If i could get some help it would be greatly appreciated

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Having issues with trainer.

Post by bryanlyon »

Not sure what you're asking, if it's just that the files aren't showing up when selecting the folder in the training, that's fine, you should select the folder that has the extracted faces, not the faces themselves.

Danburlance

Post by Danburlance »

i am selecting the folder with the extracted faces but for some reason it shows that there is nothing in there. But if i open the folder directly it is full of faces.

this is the error im getting.

Alignments file does not exist: `Z:\gta5 mods\faceswap\test1\alignments.fsa

djandg

Post by djandg »

Unlike Windows, the folder selection in the Faceswap GUI does not show thumbnails of the files inside the selected folder. That is normal, it's not an error.

The alignments file not found is a completey different issue and you are most probably pointing to the wrong directory or file. The alignments file will be in the same folder/directory as where the video is from which you extracted unless you specified a different folder/directory in the extract GUI. The Alignment file would also have the name of the video you have extracted from at the beginning of the file name, such as "my_video_alignments.fsa", so a simple "alignments.fsa" would not find the correct file.