Blurry face when converting (first time)

Converting source frames into swapped frames
Forum rules
Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.
bador

Blurry face when converting (first time)

Post by bador » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:33 pm

Hi, this is my first time to try Faceswap. I downloaded 2 youtube videos where the people talk and the camera is mostly in front to make it easier. I followed the guides for extraction and training and have a couple of thousand imaged extracted that the software trained with around 50k iterations. It came down to around 0,03 error margin.

Now I try to use the "Convert" tab without any guide and it makes the face swap, but not a good swap and very very blurry. It aslo changes faces of other people but that's a smaller problem. Any tips?

Here is an example. The glasses are starting to get there barely and no details.

EDIT: My guess is that I trained too little. 50k iterations, but it took only a few hours with gtx 1070 + core i5 cpu. I read in the guide it can take more, like 1-7 days.

kilroythethird
Answers: 1

Re: Blurry face when converting (first time)

Post by kilroythethird » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:56 pm

Yes, 50k iterations is highly likely to few.
How long you need to train depends on the model, the batchsize and your dataset.

Also it looks like one of your datasets has glasses. This is really hard to get right (probably not possible with satisfactory results atm to be honest).

To remove unwanted faces follow the "sorting" and "Clean the Alignments File" section in: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27#sort
that amd guy

torzdf
Answers: 46

Post by torzdf » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:44 pm

It also looks like you haven't generated an alignments file for the source video, so it's using the vastly inferior on-the-fly detector for converting.
My word is final

bador

Post by bador » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:34 pm

Thank you for the replies. I have alignment files (if I use them correctly) and now have 90k iterations and around 0.025 loss on both.
I took Snowden with glasses as a model, but as you said it might be hard to get the glasses right. I will try later with other models instead.

Starting to look a bit better now with 90k iterations at least:

VS original guy:

I will try the guide to sort and clean to get rid of other peoples faces changing later as well.