Conversion guide when is it coming?

Converting source frames into swapped frames
Forum rules
Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.
kaemen

Conversion guide when is it coming?

Post by kaemen » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:32 pm

Any time estimate when the conversion guide may be coming?

May I ask others that have succesfully converted ask share how?

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 10

Re: Conversion guide when is it coming?

Post by bryanlyon » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:52 pm

We currently don't have an ETA on the conversion guide as Conversion is going through a rework and so the guide is waiting for the end of that process.

Conversion though is relatively simple. The most basic operation would be to put (in order on the GUI) the Input folder or video, the output folder, the alignments file for the input video, you can skip the Reference Video if you're using a video as input, or place a video here if you're using bare frames and want the audio copied, and the model directory that holds the trained model. Finally, if you want a video output set the Writer to FFmpeg.

This is the most basic options and will give you a swap from A->B in the input video. Other options can improve the quality or results, but require some tweaking. The best way to figure that out would be to use the "preview" tool in the tools tab. Again, you will want the Input folder or video, the alignments and the trained model's location. Then you can change options inside the preview tool and see how they'll effect your output.

Feel free to ask any questions, but that is the basic process.

kaemen

Post by kaemen » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:27 pm

Thx for your answer.

I do have a question regarding training and convert.

I have a short maybe 10 secs video source, which I have succesfully swaped faces going thru the whole process and results are awesome..

Ive played around a little and found out something.

Another video of almost same source... (same person, equal face position, etc).

Like I said I played around, and set the former trained model folder and the previews fit perfectly.

But the alignment isnt correct. I wonder, if the preview is fitting... how can I adjust the alignement before convert? Why is the preview aligned but when I try to convert I get errors?

I found out that the training data contains the path to the original video file. So I copied the new video to the same directory and changed the name.

Process would continue then a little further but still end in another error.

Explain please :)

torzdf
Answers: 56

Post by torzdf » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:27 am

Run extraction on your new video to generate an alignments file.
My word is final