Missing Audio and Crash

Converting source frames into swapped frames
Forum rules
Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.
DarkConner

Missing Audio and Crash

Post by DarkConner »

I just ran a converting system and when it's done, the program tells me that there was a problem muxing audio. This is the crash report. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zztjRo ... sp=sharing

abigflea
Answers: 1

Re: Missing Audio and Crash

Post by abigflea »

I assume your video does have a soundtrack before convert?
I've gotten this rarely. I think the audio track has a blip in it. I resolve it by just doing a quick re-encode in KDNlive.
What audio codec?
:o I dunno what I'm doing :shock:
RTX 2070 : GTX 1070 x2 : Ghetto 1060: Rx570

DarkConner

Post by DarkConner »

abigflea wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:49 pm
I assume your video does have a soundtrack before convert?
I've gotten this rarely. I think the audio track has a blip in it. I resolve it by just doing a quick re-encode in KDNlive.
What audio codec?
I check the original video and the audio track is fine. About the audio codec, I don't know how to check it.

abigflea
Answers: 1

Post by abigflea »

Usually FS does things perfectly for this procedure.
I would imagine there is a very mild corruption or possibly a non standard audio encoding.
If I were you, I would open up whatever favourite video editor you have, trim 1 sec off the beginning and end of the video. Then save the video with this minor edit.
When you do this, the audio track will be re-encoded and should solve the problem.
Sadly you will then need to do the extract alignments and clean up again before you convert.
:o I dunno what I'm doing :shock:
RTX 2070 : GTX 1070 x2 : Ghetto 1060: Rx570

torzdf
Answers: 122

Post by torzdf »

There are a couple of other work arounds for this issue.

The first is use the "opencv" writer, then try to use the "EFFMPEG" tool to stitch the images back to a video with the original audio.

I have also just pushed an update to add an option to skip the muxing of audio to a video file, so you can update Faceswap, go into "Settings > Convert Settings", select the ffmpeg writer tab and enable skip_mux. This will create the video file without the audio track.
My word is final