Confused about alignment files and getting a mask error

Converting source frames into swapped frames
Forum rules
Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.
Ta1kativ

Confused about alignment files and getting a mask error

Post by Ta1kativ »

Hi, this is my first time trying to do a deepfake, so I've been following this video:

First off, I've been running the program for 115 hours and it has over 1 million iterations and it still looks horrible, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better the more I train it. I should probably mention that it starts to run really really slowly after a few hours. For example, if I leave it on overnight, when I try to close it out, it will take minutes. The program will be so sluggish that it takes a few minutes for a button click to register. I don't know why this is happening or if it is affecting the training process...

Despite this, I'm getting kinda tired of this project, so I decided that I would try to export what I have anyway. When I tried to convert it, though, it says that I need an alignment file. I have no clue what this is or how to get one, and in the video tutorial that I've been following, the person does not put any alignment file in and it seems to work fine. Anyway, it told me that I could just enable on-the-fly alignment, so that's what I did...

And now that I've done that, I'm getting this error:
You have selected the Mask Type `extended` but at least one face does not have this mask stored in the Alignments File.
You should generate the required masks with the Mask Tool or set the Mask Type option to an existing Mask Type.
A summary of existing masks is as follows:
Total faces: 0, Masks: {}
Again, I'm new to this, so I don't know how to use the mask tool. Does anyone know how I can fix these problems? Thanks!

torzdf
Answers: 122

Re: Confused about alignment files and getting a mask error

Post by torzdf »

You need to generate an alignments file for the video you intend to swap faces onto.

See the extract guide here for fuller details:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27
My word is final