Tensorflow library compiled to use AVX Instructions

Installing and setting up FaceSwap

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Wilking

Tensorflow library compiled to use AVX Instructions

Post by Wilking »

Hi there.

I have installed faceswap on my machine using the faceswap_setup_x64.sh but when I try to open it I get the following error message:

"The Tensorflow library was compiled to use AVX instructions, but these aren't available on your machine."

I am using Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia. I have an Intel Celeron CPU. I specified CPU when I installed the program.

Any help gratefully received!

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Tensorflow library compiled to use AVX Instructions

Post by torzdf »

Unfortunately Tensorflow requires AVX support from your CPU to be able to be used. Your CPU does not appear to have this.

The only way around this is to compile Tensorflow 2.10 yourself without AVX support (or look for a custom Tensorflow 2.10 wheel that has been compiled without AVX support).

I would not recommend trying to compile Tensorflow unless you absolutely have to. It is not fun!

My word is final

Wilking

Post by Wilking »

Ah well. Thanks for the reply.

stopparde01

Post by stopparde01 »

I have the same problem.
I'm using a linux mint proxmox VM. I'm using an AMD 5700G and nvidia 3060.
If I do not use proxmox and directly install a linux distro (tried ubuntu and Zorin OS) on the same system everything works.
Is there any particular VM setting that needs to be used ?
Thx
--stoppa

stopparde01

Post by stopparde01 »

Ok, I found out the issue.
Just in case for people using proxmox (sorry if this is something basic/already known): When setting up your new or existing VM CPU, specify "host" instead of the default "x86-64-v2-AES ".
You may need to scroll down to the very end to see the "host" option. This will essentially use the cpu in your machine instead of emulating a cpu architecture.
Manual says it has some drawbacks, and of course it depends on your use case/HW configs.

--stoppa