Alignment issue after last fix

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

alexbloch8

Alignment issue after last fix

Post by alexbloch8 »

Hi,

After the last fixes to alignments there is an issue in the manual tool - in the preview panel the faces are aligned but once you enter the image the alignment position is moved away from the actual face

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Alignment issue after last fix

Post by torzdf »

Can you give me reproducible steps please (or ideally give me access to a video + alignments file, and outline the steps to recreate your issue)

I have opened up a video in the manual tool. Clicked around the face window, played around with a number of the editors, zoomed in and out, and everything is working as expected.

My word is final

alexbloch8

Post by alexbloch8 »

I've tried it with 2 separate videos (twice on the first one with the same result and then tried a different video)

1. extract using S3Fd + Fan + Mean + Re Feed: 7 + size: 512.
  2. sort by face + delete
  3. Remove-Faces om alognments tool
  4. open alignment file in manual tool
  5. enable "Display the landmarks mesh (F9)" + "bounding box editor" - result: alignments appear on the faces in the correct position
  6. start moving forward by long pressing "X"

result - masks start moving all over the place around the faces.
before reaching an image the preview alignment is placed correctly. after reaching it both the preview alignment and the alignment of the video are "moved"
no actual changes in the file since "save" button is disabled

seems that the relation between the preview image and the actual video frame is misaligned - for example I saw that the in the preview the face is looking right and the alignment is correct. once I click on it the image frame in the video is of the face looking upward while the alignment is for the face looking right. that seems like the issue al least on my end - the correlation between alignmnet and the video frame.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

I've tried following your steps, and I cannot recreate this issue at all.

Would it be possible for you to share a video + alignments file that causes this issue? I have no interest in the contents, just needed to recreate the bug. You can PM me a link to a download location.

My word is final

alexbloch8

Post by alexbloch8 »

I've just updated to the latest version from 16 hours ago and re-run the extraction and it seems good. I can't reproduce