detail question

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

tiazgriff

detail question

Post by tiazgriff »

Will the gaps between teeth and piercings appear eventually on the face (dlight model, 1080Ti, 60hrs training, 200k iter, hq sources) or I'm risking overtraining and will never be that detailed?

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: detail question

Post by torzdf »

Yes. Fine details always come last. Keep training. TBH, overfitting is hard imho (although others may disagree).

My word is final

tiazgriff

Post by tiazgriff »

thanks, I keep it going then ^^

djandg

Post by djandg »

I'm running 2 x 1070Ti's in SLI and depending on things like quality of the swap video, degree of face movement in the swap video, training images etc, getting resonable eye and mouth movement, never mind teeth or nose flare, takes me at least over double the time / inters you have.
Just so you have some idea of the length of training you'll have to go for if you have good sources for the training. If the trianing sources or the swap video are poor quality, no degree of extra training will recover a good face in the swap. It's the old addage, "garbage in equals garbage" out :)