Minimizing Zoom/Black space

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

TheNihilust

Minimizing Zoom/Black space

Post by TheNihilust »

I’ve checked the forums and FAQS so I’m fairly confident I haven’t seen this answered: when extracting is there a setting that can minimize the number of faces detected that are zoomed out and filled with negative (black) space? What I mean is that it will take a fairly normal face, zoom out, and then fill the negative space with black. Any thoughts?

deephomage
Answers: 1

Re: Minimizing Zoom/Black space

Post by deephomage »

You can minimize the number of false-positive face detections by setting a minimum detection size in pixels using the slider in the extract tab in the GUI. (e.g. 100 or more). But use the minimum size option with caution and check your results carefully. If you're having issues with "zoomed-out" faces, use the sort tool. Choose sort by face and it's then a simple matter to eliminate unwanted faces from a scene, based upon the face groupings.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Minimizing Zoom/Black space

Post by torzdf »

Not built in, No.

The black space is where the face goes out of frame. You could probably run a script which checks the amount of black in a face image and does something with any faces that are found, but this is unlikely ever to be added to Faceswap.

My word is final