Faceswap putting open eyes over closed eyes when target blinks

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Nightwatch

Faceswap putting open eyes over closed eyes when target blinks

Post by Nightwatch »

While training I've noticed the program keeps trying to put the open eyes of the face I'm using over the closed eyes of the body I'm swapping it onto when the person blinks......Which is odd because both source face & source body are videos in which both subjects are blinking.

It's like it can't ..... Sync' the blink...

Is it just a case of .. Just let it go & it will eventually correct its self or is there something I can do ??

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Faceswap putting open eyes over closed eyes when target blinks

Post by bryanlyon »

If you want to get the blinks you can. Just find a few blinks for your A and B sets, and extract just the blinks at EEN=1 and do a fit train with those. That'll teach the model how to blink. After that, you can probably go back to standard training but might want to leave the blink faces in to make sure that stays learned.

Nightwatch

Post by Nightwatch »

O.k. ... Did as you suggested and it seemed to work....All the eyes closed shots actually had closed eyes....Then I re-added all the frames & faces with the closed eyes back into their respective extracted images folders & resumed training.......IT WENT BACKWARDS .... It seems to have literally re-opened all the eyes ??

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Post by bryanlyon »

Yeah, sounds like it's not enough closed eyes in your source data. Keep that in mind for the end of your training when you do your fit training.