High level model algorythm descriptions

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

Tekniklee

High level model algorythm descriptions

Post by Tekniklee »

I've been trying to file some place that has good, high-level descriptions of the various algorythms used by each model. I've seen some generalized information, such as the descriptions in the Training Guide. Those are good, but a bit too broad for me. I've also looked through the Python code, but it's hard to see the forest because of all the trees. Is there a lay-technical resource like this? If not, where or from whom can I get the info and I'll try to grok it and write something up.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: High level model algorythm descriptions

Post by torzdf »

Your best bet is to search for Autoencoders and read up on that.

Then try to apply that with what we do (i.e share the encoder, then swap the decoders on convert)

My word is final

Tekniklee

Post by Tekniklee »

I'll give that a try. I understand most of the operations involved, but not how the models differ from each other in their high level game plans. Excuse me while I duck down this rabbit hole....

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Post by bryanlyon »

If you really feel that you're familiar enough with Neural Networks then all the models are located in https://github.com/deepfakes/faceswap/t ... rain/model and you can see each of them and their differences pretty easily.

Tekniklee

Post by Tekniklee »

That's kind of what I've been trying to do. However, my programming peak was back in the late 90's with Visual Basic, SQL databases and event driven interfaces. All of the underlying technology - python, tensorflow, keras, programming environments in general are new to me. I wrestled with Anaconda and survived. I'm making progress on all of those area and in other ML areas, but right now I could really use a Cliff Notes version of what the models are attempting to do. Reading through the code is...let's just say it's hard to see the forest for all the trees. I'll see if I can digest th Autocoder search results.