original file too big? or different codec?

Got questions or tips about the Conversion process? This is the place to discuss them.

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Converting faces from your trained model.

If you are having issues with the Convert process not working as you would expect, then you should post in the Convert Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

sasasamb

original file too big? or different codec?

Post by sasasamb »

Hi everyone,

first of all thanks for this useful forum pages and for the whole Faceswap endeavour.

I am writing looking for some help.

I am experiencing this problem right now.

After being successfully able to convert one mp4 video into an other, I am now stuck into something I am not really able to understand. Using exactly the same settings, and after a successful training time, the convert process does not work.

The event windows keeps saying (for every single png): "no alignment found for [], skipping".

The first time I did it it was about a 63 Mb mp4 480p video file. Now I am using a video that I have personally recorded of about 2.8 Gb mp4 1080p video file. May this be an issue? I am trying to resize it to a smaller size.

Thanks for your help.

Alex

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: original file too big? or different codec?

Post by bryanlyon »

It's saying that it doesn't have alignments for that file. Did you run the extract stage on that file and if so did you select the correct alignments file for the convert task?

sasasamb

Post by sasasamb »

In fact I was waiting for this first post to be approved in order to give an update. To answer to your question I have discovered that it automatically spots the alignment file if not inserted. And that I found to be true. Talking about the size of the video in fact I reduced the video from 1080 (height) to 480 and it actually worked. So: case solved :)
Thanks!

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

Size of the input video shouldn't make a difference.

My word is final

sasasamb

Post by sasasamb »

Do you mean that it does not matter for extraction? Or you mean it does not matter for conversion too?

If for the conversion the size does not matter than I shall figure out why changing size (1080 to 480) makes the conversion process work.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Post by torzdf »

If you change the resolution between extract and convert, then the process will not be able to find the faces, as the hash will have changed, so the alignments file will no longer represent the original video.

The resolution you extract at (and subsequently convert at) has no direct impact on the ability to find alignments.

My word is final