converting to video gets stuck at 99%

Getting errors or found a bug when converting faces from a trained model? Post about them here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Convert process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Convert process, then you should look in the Convert Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

rdestorm

converting to video gets stuck at 99%

Post by rdestorm »

How to deal with it?

by torzdf » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:46 am

I have pushed a bugfix which should fix this issue. Unfortunately it is a fair bit slower, as there is no way to get a guaranteed accurate frame count other than decoding the entire video frame by frame.

This should have solved the issue though.

Go to full post
torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: conver to video,stop at 99%

Post by torzdf »

The most likely reason for this is that ffmpeg has read the frame count incorrectly, so it is waiting for a frame that will never come.

Is "data_dst.mp4" a video you can share? If you can, then this is something I can look to try and fix in the source code.

My word is final

Gongus

Post by Gongus »

Same problem here, it stops at 99%.
I've partially resolved using the option [-fr 1-(length -1)], but the output are frames, not a video.

P.s.: I don't get the [-ref] option meaning. Can someone explain me?

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

Ref is if your source is a series of frames and the output is a video. It needs the reference video to get the frame rate/audio etc.

When it hangs on the last step, it's usually because it has failed to read the frame count correctly. This can happen with variable frame rate videos. It's basically waiting for a frame that never comes.

Unfortunately I've never had this happen to me to be able to bugfix. If you can provide a video where this happens, than I can look to implement a fix.

The fact that the output is frames is probably because you are using the default writer. Use the ffmpeg writer if you want to write out to a video.

My word is final

Gongus

Re: converting to video gets stuck at 99%

Post by Gongus »

Thanks for the reply, Torzdf.

Sure, this is the link to the video (4 sec.): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NkwJl ... 7GyqihDfs4

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

Thanks for this. I can confirm that there are 98 frames in this video, but the count is returned by ffmpeg as 99. I will see if I can implement some kind of capture for this kind of issue

My word is final

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

I have pushed a bugfix which should fix this issue. Unfortunately it is a fair bit slower, as there is no way to get a guaranteed accurate frame count other than decoding the entire video frame by frame.

This should have solved the issue though.

My word is final