Training separated yaw angles.

Want to understand the training process better? Got tips for which model to use and when? This is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved with Training a Faceswap model.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Training process not working, then you should post in the Training Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

tokafondo

Training separated yaw angles.

Post by tokafondo »

There are tools to separate the faces in different yaw angles, placed in different folders.

The more the bins setting, the more folders are created.

I would sort by yaw angle both for A and B, every folder with its own alignments file. And then I would train the same yaw angle folder, the one for A with the corresponding one for B. And I would repeat for every yaw angle folder that would match A and B until I would have all my faces trained.

Would it help for speed, quality, detail... any of these variables, to train those different folders, compared to train all in one folder?

Thanks.

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Training separated yaw angles.

Post by bryanlyon »

Unlikely, it will probably just lead to poorly generalized results as yaw is not the only feature that you care about. What if the best match for the expression is in a different yaw set? You'd be starving the model of data it needed. Your best bet is to keep all the data together but properly cleaned following the extraction guide.