Manual alignment tool for CLI users

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

mrdeeplearning

Manual alignment tool for CLI users

Post by mrdeeplearning »

Hi there,

I have been using faceswap for sometime and have been successful in getting some decent outputs. the only places where I am seeing distortions is the mostly side profiles. I suspect since I am not using the manual alignment tool, the misaligned frames are causing problems. (Note: I feel i have enough data. I made sure to cover various angles for both subjects in different lighting conditions)

Now, I am using a remote GPU to run my model. It's a headless system so no chance for me to launch the GUI there. Is there any way to download the files and edit it on my local?

Regards,
MDL

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Manual alignment tool for CLI users

Post by bryanlyon »

Yes, you can edit the alignments on a different system from training, you'll just need to download the alignments file and the original source video to your local system and then you can run the manual tool and re-upload the alignment file. Keep in mind you'll have to re-extract to get the updates face images once you're done with editting.

mrdeeplearning

Re: Manual alignment tool for CLI users

Post by mrdeeplearning »

bryanlyon wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:11 pm

Yes, you can edit the alignments on a different system from training, you'll just need to download the alignments file and the original source video to your local system and then you can run the manual tool and re-upload the alignment file. Keep in mind you'll have to re-extract to get the updates face images once you're done with editting.

thanks. that helps :) Also, my local doesn't have gpu support but i guess that is not crucial for manual edit